What is Relational Database?
For example, there can be a relation between rows and columns or there can be a relation between tables.
Relational database follows the principle of RDBMS. RDBMS is a relational database management system.
DB2 is a product of IBM and most of the time it runs on IBM mainframes. we use this in assembly language that is AS400 Or runs in Linux environment.
The Developer of DB2 is IBM. It was released in 1983 initially and it is a type of RDBMS.
For example, we have currently supported platform history and so on.
If anyone of you is interested please have a look.
We have this particular page that is IBM DB2 databases.
Just click on this explorer solution.
Click on that link to see what “start free trial” is.
There we can see that they have free trials and download link as well.
Just try this in your local PC.
We can download the DB2 in local PC. This tutorial is all about DB2 on IBM mainframe.
What will you learn in this DB2 Tutorial
- You will learn to Create and Execute.
- COBOL DB2 Programs with Ease.
- Master the concepts of Cursor.
- Develop and Design their own tables using DDL operations on Mainframe.
- Maximize the knowledge on SQL operations.
- Students will be trained to create Indexes and Keys.
Topics covered in this Tutorial
- This tutorial Covers DB2 operations on COBOL programs for Mainframe Developers.
- Students will learn how to execute a COBOL DB2 Program.
- The concept of DB2 cursors we have mention in detail.
- Major DDL and DML operations are illustrated with lots of examples.
- The concept of Keys and Indexes are covered with examples.
- We must know basic TSO/ISPF commands. Basic knowledge of COBOL is aqlso require.
- This tutorial is for Developers who work on IBM Mainframe.