WordPress is an online tool to create websites. It is an open source tool written in JAVA.
We can make a completely responsive website with the help of WordPress. WordPress is the easiest and best content management system(CMS). Anyone can use or modify the WordPress software for free. It is easy to learn and use.
In this page, we will guide you to learn How to install WordPress.
Getting Started With WordPress
Things to know before Getting Started With WordPress:-
- Create a database for WordPress on your web server and MySQL.
- Unzip the downloaded file and save it to a folder.
- Create a strong password.
How to install WordPress on localhost
To install WordPress on localhost follow these steps:
Go to website wordpress.org > Get WordPress > Download WordPress 4.9.8.(This is the latest version ).
Now for Windows, you need to install XAMPP and WAMP. For mac MAMP.
What is XAMPP?
XAMPP stands for Cross-plaqtform(x), Apache(A), mariaDB(M) (formerly MYSQL), PHP (P) and Perl (P). It is a simple, lightweight Apache distribution that makes it extremely easy for developers to create a local web server for testing and development purpose.
How to Install XAMPP
- In the browser, search xampp download and Click on the link which directs to “https://www.apachefriends.org/download.html”. Click on download.
- Then, go to htdocs in Xampp folder and create a new folder. After creating a new folder go to WordPress folder and copy all the files then paste it in the new folder that you created.
- Duplicate (wp-config-sample.php) and rename to (wp-config.php) in your folder.
- (wp-config.php) edit with notepad.
- Change the database name, username, give strong password and Save the file.
- Steps for Creating Database are:-
Go to Windows and search XAMPP > XAMPP control panel.
- Start Apache and MySQL.
- Go to localhost/PHPmyadmin/ > Database > create a new database > Create.
Note: Give the same name given in DB_NAME(eg:WordPressweb).
- Click on the file name you created in the left corner of PHPMyAdmin page.
- Give site Title and username > Install WordPress.
WordPress has been Installed. Now Login and enjoy!!!!